Sunday, November 1, 2009

Only Believe

"Then Jesus told him, 'Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.'"
John 20:29

-- In these verses, Thomas said that he would not believe the Lord had been raised from the dead unless he could physically see and touch Him. Jesus, so graciously, honored Thomas request and appeared to Him, but the Lord makes an incredible statement commending those who have believed and will believe eventhough they have not seen Him physically.

The Lord's greatest joy is to be believed. He loves faith, and it is our faith that moves Him. Thomas believed because he saw and touched, but how blessed are we when we believe inspite of not seeing Him. Amen.

May we believe and not doubt all that He has said in His precious Word.

prayer:
Dear Lord Jesus I thank You for Your everlasting Word. I pray that You will make it alive for me and speak to me through it. I will believe and trust in You. I praise You. Amen.

In His service,
Philip

No comments:

Post a Comment