Tuesday, November 10, 2009

God loves Persistence

"So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and he who seeks, finds; and to him who knocks it will be opened. Now suppose one of you fathers is asked by his son for a fish; he will not give him a snake instead of a fish, will he? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?"
Luke 11:9-13

-- The Lord loves persistence. I believe because it shows Him that we really mean business. God does not like half-heartiness or lukewarmness. When we are persistent in prayer and in our Christian walk, it pleases Him and moves His hand on our behalf. The anointing of the Holy Spirit does not belong to the weak-willed and lackadaisical. It belongs to those who are fervent and passionate for God.

May we be passionate today in serving the Lord, persistent in prayer, fellowship and communion with Him. Amen.

prayer:
Dear heavenly Father, I pray that I will be passionate for You. Persistent in all that I do. That I may please You and not disappoint You. I ask for fresh fire today in me to serve You. I praise You. Amen.

In His service,
Philip

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your faithfulness in posting these devotions for us! Enjoyed your blog very much. Ihampers.co.uk

    ReplyDelete