Monday, November 16, 2009

First Place

"Little children, keep yourselves from idols (false gods)-[from anything and everything that would occupy the place in your heart due to God, from any sort of substitute for Him that would take first place in your life]. Amen (so let it be)."

1John 5:21 amp

-- The Amplified Bible so eloquently explains this verse. John is exhorting the Believers he is writing to, telling them to keep God first place in their hearts. I believe that many times as Christians we allow something or someone to creep into our hearts and very subtly take the place that only the Lord deserves. It could be our job, a friend, a family member and the Lord becomes second place in our hearts.

May we strive to keep Him first in our hearts. He is the One who is most deserving, He gave His life for us and provided salvation and access to God. He is all in all, He is the Creator of the universe, He deserves our undivided devotion. Amen.

prayer:
Dear Lord Jesus I praise You for all that You've done for me. I thank You for saving my soul. I pray that You will forgive me for the times that I allow other things to take Your place in my heart. I love You Lord. Amen.

In His service,
Philip

No comments:

Post a Comment