Monday, October 26, 2009

The Sacrifices of God

"For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise."


Psalms 51:16-17


-- In this Psalm David cries out in repentance to God for his sin with Bathsheba. He acknowledges that God does not take pleasure in burnt offerings or animal sacrifices, but in a contrite heart and a broken spirit. Humility and contrition before God is not a sign of weakness, it is what He desires, He is pleased with those whose hearts are soft and tender.

May we develop hearts that are yielded to the Lord.


prayer:
Dear Lord, I ask that my heart will be soft and pliable to You and Your Word. You delight in a broken heart and a contrite spirit. I pray that I will be continually yielded to You. I love You Lord. Amen.


In His service,
Philip

No comments:

Post a Comment