Saturday, October 10, 2009

10-10-09 Philippians 3:7-10

"But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ. More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ. and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, through righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith. that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being confirmed to His death."

-- What the Apostle Paul once saw as important to him he now viewed as worthless compared to Christ.

The greatest accomplishment in a Christian's life is to know Jesus on a deeper level. There is no greater thing than to know our Saviour intimately. Today, He calls out to you and me, "Will you give everything to spend time with Me, getting to know Me.

May we yield all to know Him more and more.

prayer:
Lord Jesus, I thank You for saving me and changing my life, but I pray that You will help me to seek Your face more and more. That I can know You in a more intimate way. That I will give up what hinders me from getting close to You. I love You Lord. Amen.

In His service,
Philip

No comments:

Post a Comment