Thursday, December 3, 2009

How Precious is the Word of God

"and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."
2Timothy 3:15-17

-- The Word of God is our final authority. The Scriptures are God's words to us, His thoughts, His laws and His ways to us. We learn who God is, what He is like and What He desires. We find direction, comfort, correction, and strength in the Scriptures. May we have a renewed hunger for the Word of God today.

As strong as we are in the Word of God is as strong as we will be as a Christian. May we give ourselves to reading the Word on a consistent basis.

prayer:
Dear heavenly Father I thank You again for Your Word that is so powerful and life giving. I pray for a renewed hunger and thirst for Your Word. I pray that You will open my eyes to see great things from Your Word. I praise You. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

In His Service,
Philip

No comments:

Post a Comment