Saturday, December 19, 2009

Releasing the blessings of God

"You yourselves also know, Philippians, that at the first preaching of the gospel, after I left Macedonia, no church shared with me in the matter of giving and receiving but you alone; for even in Thessalonica you sent a gift more than once for my needs. Not that I seek the gift itself, but I seek for the profit which increases to your account. But I have received everything is full and have an abundance; I am amply supplied, having received from Epaphroditus what you have sent, a fragrant aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well-pleasing to God. And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:15-19

-- Our gifts, our offerings are a fragrant aroma to God; an acceptable sacrifice. When we give we are not giving to a person, we are giving to God, and our giving produces fruit in our account. We have a debit and credit account in heaven. When we give, deposits are made in our account! This is what the Bible says. In addition, our giving releases God to bless us and supply our needs. There is something about giving from our resources that enables God to give in return. I believe it is faith, because when we give to God we are letting go of our possessions and putting our faith in Him. We are saying, "You Lord, are number one in my life, nothing is more important to me than You.". This attitude moves God and allows Him, in return, to bless us.

My dad has said that a true Christian is one whose wallet has been converted. If our wallet has not been given over to God, there is still a part of us that is not fully yielded to God.

May we learn to be givers today. Amen!

prayer:
Dear Lord Jesus I pray that You will help me to be a giver. That I will trust you enough to hand my finances over to You. I trust You with them. I love You Lord. Amen.

In His service
Philip

*Please pray as I prepare to go to India the end of January to plant house churches.

No comments:

Post a Comment