Monday, December 28, 2009

Citizens of Heaven

"For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ;"
Philippians 3:20

-- In the preceding verses the apostle Paul talks about those who are, "the enemies of the cross". He says their god is their appetite and they, "set their minds on earthly things." Then, He says, "for our citizenship is in heaven." The apostle Paul is saying, that we as true Believers ought to set our minds on heaven and not on temporal things.

Many times we lose sight of the eternal and we become consumed with the "now". God does not desire this and it hinders us spiritually. May we know that we are part of a different Kingdom, we are citizens of heaven.

prayer:
Dear Lord Jesus I praise You for who You are and what You've done. I thank You that I am a citizen of heaven and my home is in heaven. I thank You that You are my King and I am part of Your kingdom. I love You Lord. Amen.

In His service,
Philip

No comments:

Post a Comment