Wednesday, November 17, 2010

His power within

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."
Ephesians 3:20-21

What is His power that is at work within us? It is the power of the Holy Spirit to understand and grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ (Eph. 3:18). We cannot grasp the love of Christ with our minds, it is too wide and long and high and deep. That is why Unbelievers can't understand why we love Christ and would give our lives to serve Him. They think we are crazy, but once you understand the incredible love of Christ, not with your mind but your heart then you would be willing to do anything for Him.

The apostle Paul says that we are rooted and established in love. In Christ's love for us. His love is unmeasurable, there is no end to it! The more we comprehend His love in our inner man the more we become strengthened in Him and filled with Him. "And to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." (vs 19)

I remember the first time I experienced the love of Christ. I was 19 years old, I was sitting in a small church in eastern Pennsylvania. There was a visiting preacher from Ghana, Africa. After he shared the message he gave an altar call for those who wanted to come and dedicate their lives to Jesus. I went forward and he prayed for me, a few moments later I went and sat down in a chair, as I sat there, I began to cry. It was as if Jesus was sitting in the chair in front of me, I remember feeling sorry for my sins and I cried because of the way I had treated Jesus. His love was so great as I wept in repentance for my lifestyle. For the first time I understood His love, not from my head but from my heart. - Lord Jesus I love You

prayer:
Jesus thank You for Your immeasurable love, that is so wide and long and high and deep. Your love that no one can comprehend unless You reveal it to them through Your Holy Spirit. Lord take my life once again and make all Yours, that I will serve You and honor You with everything. I love You Jesus, Amen.

PS. I pray for you that if you have struggled to understand or maybe have never truly understood the love of Christ, I pray that you will be strengthened in your inner man to know His love for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment