Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Fellowship of the Unashamed

I was going through some papers on my desk today and found a hand out that was given to me at a church service. It is quite encouraging and I hope it blesses you and inspires you to say, "yes Lord, I want to be in the Fellowship of the Unashamed"


I'm part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made; I'm a disciple of His.

I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, my future is secure.

I'm finished and done with low living, sight walking, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, worldly talking, cheap living and dwarfed goals.

I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits or popularity. I don't have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded.

I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk by patience, am uplifted by prayer, and I labor with power.

Written by a young pastor in Zimbabwe, Africa, later martyred for his faith in Christ.

prayer:
Lord Jesus may I not be ashamed of You nor Your Word, I pray for strength and courage to stand and be counted as one who has overcome this world and its temptations. I thank You for Your love and grace. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment