Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Being Fruitful


"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful... No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me."
John 15:1-4

-- Jesus is looking for fruit in our lives. Bearing fruit, means that we are healthy and vibrant spiritually. That we are connected and receiving from the life-giving "sap" of the Holy Spirit.
There are different types of fruit that the Bible mentions:
Good Fruit (Luke 3:9)
Fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22)
Love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, self-control

As we abide (dwell, live) in Christ everyday, He will produce the fruit in our lives; the key is staying connected to Jesus.

prayer:
Father I pray that You will help me abide in Your Son. That I may be fruitful and may be pleasing to You. Help me when I get disconnected from You, bring me back I ask. I praise You and I love You, in Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment