Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Not ashamed of the Gospel

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. So do not be ashamed to testify about our Lord, or ashamed of me his prisoner. But join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God, who has saved us and called us to a holy life-not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace."
2Timothy 1:7-9

- I have come to realize that most of our fears in sharing the Gospel are not true. If we are sincere and genuinely care about someone it will be sensed. Usually, they will appreciate someone taking the time to talk to them about spiritual matters.
There is a cost in sharing and living for God, though. The apostle Paul was being persecuted for his ministry and Timothy knew this.
There will always be those who will resist the Gospel and righteousness. Satan will always stand against a Christian who is trying to live for God and win others to Jesus. This is when we have to realize that God has given us a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline and the afflictions that will arise because of the Gospel can be overcome by God's power and love. If we stay connected to the Lord we can overcome anything that comes against us.

prayer:
Dear Lord Jesus You have not given me a spirit of fear. Fear does not come from You, help me understand this and walk in power and love and self-discipline. Help me be strong and courageous in You and know that You are always there to strengthen me. I praise You Lord. amen

No comments:

Post a Comment