Thursday, April 15, 2010

How to be filled with the Holy Spirit

-- It is so important that we are filled with the Holy Spirit daily. It is only through the power and Presence of the Holy Spirit that we can live lives that are pleasing to the Lord. Jesus was full of the Holy Spirit when He faced Satan's temptations. We also need to be full of the Holy Spirit as we walk in this present world.
The question is how may I be filled with the Holy Spirit daily and how do I stay filled.
Looking at the life of Jesus He was filled with Holy Spirit when He obeyed the Fathers command to be baptized. He obeyed His Father's will.

When we are walking in obedience to the Word of God and and submitting to the Fathers will for our lives we can be filled with the Holy Spirit everyday.

Then, we are filled as we seek Him through prayer. Jesus was filled with the Holy Spirit as He prayed. (Luke 3:21-22) The disciples were baptized and filled with the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost as they were praying and seeking. (Acts 2:1-2)

-- Two important factors to be filled with the Holy Spirit.
1. Walk obediently before God
2. Seek the Lord through prayer

"And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness."
Acts 4:31

prayer:
Father I thank You for Your Holy Spirit who is my Helper and Comforter I pray for grace to yield to You daily and to Your will for my life. I pray that You will fill me now with Your Holy Spirit and give me strength for my day. Fill me now. I love You Lord. In Jesus Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment