Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Full of the Holy Ghost


"And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,"
Luke 4:1

-- Sometimes I think it slips our minds that Jesus relied entirely on the Holy Spirit while He was on earth. Jesus was full of the Holy Spirit when He confronted Satan and his temptations. Jesus was as much human as we are. He needed the power and in-filling of the Holy Spirit daily.

We also must understand the importance of being full of the Holy Spirit daily. Without Him we cannot live pleasing to the Lord. Everyday, may it be our highest priority to be full of the Holy Spirit. This is accomplished by simply surrendering to the Holy Spirit daily and giving Him full control.

prayer:
Heavenly Father, I pray for a yielded and contrite heart that knows the necessity of being full of Your Spirit. I surrender my will, thoughts, ideas and ambitions to You today; take full control of me now and fill me with Your Holy Spirit I pray. In Jesus Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment