Saturday, July 20, 2013

Resting in High Places

 
He who dwells in the shelter of he Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress my God, in whom I trust."
Psalm 91:1-2


There can be no other verse that brings such peace and confidence to the soul to know that God is a refuge and fortress. There is rest for the weary soul in God, there is no fear in knowing that God is a refuge and a fortress. There is protection and guidance in life's most difficult circumstances. 

We have often heard the term of "refugee camp". A place where displaced souls come to find protection, shelter, and safety. Where they can be nurtured and assisted.

With God His "refugee camp" is much higher, for He is the refuge and the fortress and He Himself mans it. He gives His angels assignments and they do their task, verse 11. He protects and provides safety He, Himself is the Chief of staff, the King.

The question bears to mind, "How do I make the Most High my refuge and my fortress?"
First, it takes trust. Trust that is not just thought about but compels one to act. The Palmist says, "I will say of the Lord, He is." He spoke it with his vocal chords, others could hear him, he trusted in God. So we must confess with our mouth our trust in Him.
Then we must, call upon the Lord. Verse 15, our life must be a life of speaking to the Lord, of prayer, we cannot neglect the times of sweet fellowship and communion with the One who desires them the most.

May our lives be filled with trust in our God, who promises to be a refuge and fortress to all that love Him. May He be found strong in your life today. May you find the rest you so desire, for it is only found in Christ alone. In the name of Jesus, Amen.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment