Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Stand in the Gap

"And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none."   Ezekiel 22:30

The Lord is looking for someone to intercede for nations, not only the United States of America but other nations. Ezekiel was living in such a time of apostasy in Israel, they had turned from God, rejected His laws and persecuted and killed His prophets. They would not listen to sound doctrine and the warnings from the prophets of God. They utterly rejected and cast them off, and for this God sent them in captivity and brought destruction upon them.

I believe there are many nations that resemble Israel during the time of this writing. They have rejected God and His laws and will not listen to His prophets. In the midst of this though, God is looking for those who will intercede and plead for mercy; it gives God no pleasure to bring judgement and see the wicked perish (Ezekiel 18:32; 33:11). He desires to heal and to forgive and see many come to repentance, but this will only come to pass if someone is praying and standing in the gap for thousands upon thousands of souls. Will you give yourself to intercede today and ask for souls? Will I?

prayer:
Father I thank you for your Word. Your word that bring conviction and speaks the truth. I pray that you would burden many of us to pray for our nations. That you would bring repentance to our nations and have mercy. Call many to repentance and faith in you. I ask this in Jesus name, amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment