Friday, April 22, 2011

The Blood Avails

"In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness... So Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for Him."
                                                    Hebrews 9:22,28

I think it is easy to forget the immense sacrifice that Jesus paid at the Calvary's Cross, and to forget that it was a very bloody scene. I think Satan would like nothing more than that a bloodless Gospel be preached. As this verse says, "without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness..."

Christ's blood was sinless and perfect seeing how He was conceived of the Holy Spirit in Mary's womb. With His sinless sacrifice it brought life to all who will accept Him. It brought the cleansing of sin from ones heart the purifying of ones conscious and the freedom from sin and Satan's dominion.
There is no demon to powerful than the blood of Jesus.

Today lets thank our wonderful Lord for shedding His blood for our sins.

prayer:
Thank you Lord Jesus for the price you paid, for bearing all my sin and shame. I thank You that you came willingly to this earth to take my place and died for my sins. I thank You for shedding your blood, may I be immersed in Your blood today. I praise You Lord. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment