Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year

Happy New Year!

This New Year's eve I spent at home. I was going to a service online, but for some reason the video was not streaming. So it happened that I would spend time in prayer till the new year rolled in. My mom was with me and we felt to take communion as the time came close.

During our time of prayer the Lord was very real and present. I was meditating on what Scriptures would be right for this occasion and it came to mind Matthew 9:16-17, where Jesus says that no man can sow a new piece of cloth onto an old garment and no one puts new wine into old bottles because the bottles will break and the wine will spill out. I realized that this past year had its ups and downs for me. There have been failures and victories, but as I move into the new year I need to put the failures behind and look to the future. What happened in the past, happened in the past and its no use going over them again and again. The Lord desires to do a new work in our lives, but we cannot go into the new year wondering about the past.

Greater things are to come in 2011, much greater things than the past year.
Thank you Lord that You desire for us to look forward and not backward. Let Your presence come and fill this new year as we seek You. In Jesus name. Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment