Wednesday, August 18, 2010

God's Presence


"How amiable are Thy tabernacles, O Lord of hosts! My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the Lord: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the Living God."
Psalm 84:1-2

- How amiable (lovely) are Your Tabernacles...

Does your heart yearn to be in the Presence of God continually? Psalm 84 was written for the Sons of Korah, the worshipers who daily ministered to God in the Tabernacle of David and the Psalmist cries out, "How lovely are Your Tabernacles, O Lord of hosts!"
Do we have such hunger and longing in our hearts? Do we place highest priority on seeking the Lord and being in His Presence?
Jesus commended Mary in Luke 10:42 for setting at His feet and hearing His words, while Martha was "busy" serving.

prayer:
Lord, I pray that You will stir up that hunger in me for Your Presence that I will long to be with you and recognize that the most important thing is to be with You. Set me free from the distractions of this world and draw me close to You. In Jesus Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment