Sunday, January 17, 2010

Prayer, our connection with God


"After he had dismissed them, he went up on a mountainside by himself to pray. When evening came, he was there alone."
Matthew 14:23

-- It is mentioned many times in the Gospels how Jesus withdrew into solitude and prayed. (Luke 5:15-16; 9:18)
During these times of prayer what was Jesus doing? I believe He was communing and communicating with His Father. He was probably telling His Father about the day and receiving instructions for the following.
Jesus disciples asked Him to teach them how to pray. They never asked him how to heal the sick or raise the dead. They knew that the great secret to Jesus life and ministry was prayer.

We too, need to have this hunger and desire for prayer and communion with the Father. In prayer we receive strength and life to our spirits. I pray that we all will be filled with a new passion and desire to spend time in prayer. It's our connection with the Lord. Amen.

prayer:
Dear Lord Jesus I ask that You will give us a fresh hunger to spend time with You in prayer. I pray Holy Spirit that You will stir our hearts to be in communion with the Father daily. I praise You Lord. Amen.

In His service,
Philip

** I leave for India on the 24 of January. Please pray for me, that God will move mightily and many souls will be saved. I will be there for 10 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment